Jo Sibley is an FMSP Central Coordinator with responsibility for the Live Online Professional Development programme.
Jo gained a BSc in Mathematics in 1992 followed by a PGCE in 1993. She then taught Mathematics and Further Mathematics in a school on the south coast for 21 years, including three years as a SENCo. During the latter part of this role she became a Further Maths Network Centre Manager and then an FMSP Area Coordinator before joining MEI in 2014 as a member of the FMSP Central Team.
- Supporting teachers new to teaching A level Mathematics
- Designing professional development courses for teachers in A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics areas for use both online and face-to-face
- Active methods in the A level classroom
- Management of delivery of tuition for students who would otherwise have difficulty accessing this
- Coordination of large- and small-scale enrichment events encouraging students to take maths further
- Teaching and training via an online classroom environment for nationally and internationally located participants
- Taught Mathematics to all ages and abilities across the 11-19 sector, especially post-16 Mathematics and Further Mathematics
- FMSP Area Coordination providing enrichment events, professional development events, access to tuition and guidance to schools and colleges
- Coordination of online tuition and online professional development for national programmes