Sumaze! - An MEI and Sigma Network problem-solving app.
A free puzzle app based on resources
Sumaze! 2 covering fractions, decimals and percentages now available too.
Sumaze! is a place where
- mathematics is learnt
- problem-solving skills are developed
- fun is had!
Sumaze’s puzzles involve
arithmetic, inequalities, the
modulus function, indices,
logarithms and primes.
Sumaze is available in the App Store for iPhone and iPad and in the Google Play Store for Android.
Sumaze! is a joint project between the Sigma Network and MEI. It was designed by MEI with coding and graphics by Mathscraft.
Sumaze! puzzles can also be found in Integral, MEI's mathematics resources.
Here is a classroom poster about Sumaze!
Quotes from online reviews of Sumaze!
- "Greatest math education app I've ever seen"
- "Amazing! Fantastic challenge for any age, from 7 to 77.
- "As a student studying for a maths degree, and a self proclaimed nerd this app was perfect for me. The puzzles start of easy but get gradually harder until almost impossible. Almost."
- "Wonderful game. Love it!
Mathsinsider blog post about Sumaze.
Flying Colour Maths post about Sumaze.
Mathed Up review.
Mathematics and Coding review.
Sumaze! 2 now available
Released in summer 2016 Sumaze! 2 is is also available on iOS and Android.
It covers topics including fractions, decimals and percentages.
It is free, just search for Sumaze 2 in the App Store or Google Play. More about Sumaze! 2