Claire Baldwin is MEI’s Raising Participation Programme Leader and is a member of the senior leadership team.
Claire gained a first class BSc in Mathematics, Statistics & Operational Research in 1997 and completed a PGCE in Secondary Mathematics (11-18) in 1998. Her subsequent work has included roles in schools, colleges and an HE Institution, including a number of subject leadership roles, faculty management and Assistant Principal (Curriculum). Claire was a PGCE Secondary Mathematics Course Leader for four years and has an MA in Mathematics Education. She is also an experienced examiner and has worked in a range of consultancy roles for Ofqual for around ten years.
Claire joined MEI in April 2014.
- Developing and monitoring teaching and learning of mathematics at GCSE and A level, including Further Mathematics
- Supporting teachers new to teaching GCSE and A level Mathematics
- Leadership of a mathematics department
- Assessment of mathematics at GCSE and A level
- Lecturing and mentoring PGCE students
- Teaching mathematics in secondary schools and colleges across the 11-18 age range
- Subject leadership of mathematics and science departments
- Ofqual Subject Expert for Mathematics and Statistics
- Assessment of GCSE Statistics and Mathematics
- Development and delivery of mathematics and pedagogical training for PGCE students
- Senior Leadership in a sixth form college
- Writing and editing textbooks and teaching and learning resources