Catherine van Saarloos
Catherine van Saarloos is a Core Maths Support and Development Coordinator.
After gaining her BSc in Mathematics, Catherine completed her PGCE in Secondary Mathematics in 2006. She has taught all levels of Mathematics in a Grammar School, a Comprehensive and a Further Education college. Her additional roles have included, KS4 intervention Coordinator, Curriculum Team Leader of Mathematics and Level 3 Lead for Maths Hub NW3. She joined MEI in 2018.
Catherine tweets at @CoreMathsCat
- Supporting teachers and schools new to teaching Core Maths
- Developing teaching and learning in Core Maths
- Supporting teachers, schools and colleges with the delivery of GCSE Maths Resit
- Implementing strategies to improve the engagement of students who find Mathematics challenging
- Teaching Mathematics to students at all levels from Key Stage 3 upwards – including Adult learners
- Subject leadership of Mathematics
- Maths Hub Level 3 Lead – including leading and running Work Groups for teachers of Core Maths and GCSE Resit
- Developing and delivering Core Maths student enrichment events
Catheriine van Saarloos