Janice Richards is MEI Programme Leader for Business Development and Communication.
Janice has a degree in Mathematics and a Masters in Business Administration. Before joining MEI, she worked in IT as a Systems Analyst and Designer in manufacturing, energy supply and pensions industries. Janice joined MEI in 2005 as National Administrator for the Further Mathematics Support Programme. Since then she has worked in several roles including Marketing and Communications Leader, Operations Support Manager, and Programme Leader for Industry. Her current role involves developing new business opportunities; managing MEI’s marketing and communication; and coordinating the organisation of MEI’s annual conference.
- Business development
- Marketing and communications
- Project management
- Team leadership
- Event management
- Making connections between maths education and the workplace
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities for MEI, including partnerships and sponsorship; developing proposals for funding opportunities.
- Strengthening links between maths education and the workplace, including supporting the use of maths in the workplace; contextualising maths; and embedding maths in vocational learning.
- Developing and implementing MEI’s marketing and communications strategy.
- Building and managing teams
- Project management, including the coordination of multiple projects across multiple teams.
- The planning and management of large events, including MEI’s annual conference.
- Developing and implementing administration systems
- Delivering IT systems, including the identification of requirements, design, testing, user documentation, training, implementation and support
- Member of the Chartered Management Institute