Kevin Lord is the Programme Leader of the Further Mathematics Support Programme, which is managed by MEI. He coordinates the liaison with higher education institutions.
After gaining a BSc in Mathematics, Kevin completed his PGCE in Secondary Mathematics in 1988. He has taught mathematics in a number of secondary schools in England for over 20 years, including 5 years as head of department and 8 years as Director of Maths and Computing Specialism, before joining MEI in 2011.
In addition he spent 3 years working as the Development Officer for the Mechanics in Action Project and co-authored a number of A level mechanics textbooks.
- Developing teaching and learning in Mechanics and Core Mathematics
- Developing teaching and learning at GCSE level
- Problem solving and modelling in GCSE and A level Mathematics
- Secondary and level 3 professional development lead
- Mathematics enrichment sessions for students aged 8 to 18
- Assessment of mathematics
- Taught in secondary schools in England (age 11-18)
- Director of Maths and Computing Specialism in 11-18 comprehensive school
- Community outreach work and developing adult education provision
- Presenter and coordinator of mathematics masterclass programmes for primary and secondary children
- Developing cross-phase links between school and university mathematics departments
- Secondary and A level mathematics professional development lead
0745 5119 434