Terry Dawson is a Curriculum Developer for MEI
Terry worked in the steel industry before completing a BEd (Hons) in Secondary Mathematics in 1991. He has taught in secondary schools for over 21 years, including 13 years as Head of Mathematics, and 2 years as an Assistant Headteacher and Local Authority Consultant. He joined MEI in April 2013 and has worked with the curriculum team to develop the new Core Maths qualification, teaching resources, and related teaching and learning approaches. Terry has developed and led CPD sessions for teachers and subject leaders, and been involved in lesson study sessions.
His other Curriculum Development work includes working on professional development videos for the ETF Maths Pipeline, Cre8ate Maths project and many STEM related projects.
- Developing teaching and learning approaches for Core Maths
- Approaches to problem solving.
- Developing materials for teaching mathematics in real life contexts.
- CPD sessions on how to make interesting teaching resources with your department.
- Working with several curriculum subjects to deliver an integrated STEM project.
- Using resources like Cre8ate Maths and Bowland Maths effectively with KS3 students.
- Developing teaching and learning using lesson study
- MEI Curriculum Developer
- Taught in secondary schools in England (age 11-18)
- Has been a Head of Mathematics Department, Assistant Headteacher and L.A. Consultant
- Worked on the development of new Core Maths
- Worked on ETF Maths Pipeline "Supporting Maths in Vocational Courses"
- Developed teaching materials for Critical Maths. (a level 3 post-16 curriculum for non-mathematicians).