Professional Development: A level/post 16
MEI has been providing professional development for teachers throughout its 50 year history, from hour-long conference sessions focusing on particular aspects of the curriculum, to year-long courses, such as the Teaching A level Mathematics course, supporting teachers as they progress to teach a new area of mathematics.
In all its courses, MEI believes it is important to
- promote mathematical thinking
- present mathematics in an interconnected way
- provide resources that promote mathematical learning
- support teachers in embedding new ideas in their classrooms
In recent years extensive use has been made of online classrooms, allowing MEI to provide on-going support to teachers and mathematics departments.
To discuss your department’s needs and the support MEI can offer related to post-16 mathematics, please email Bernard Murphy to arrange a time for telephone conversation.
Please use the links below and left to navigate to pages containing more information about the following:
Functional Skills Maths
Level 3 Core Maths
- Teaching A level Mathematics (TAM)
- Teaching Further Mathematics (TFM)
- A level Mechanics
- A level Statistics
- Coursework Marking
- Outstanding Lessons
- Helping students prepare for STEP or AEA mathematics examinations
- Helping students attain an A* in A level Mathematics (Imperial mA*ths project teacher support
- Underground Mathematics
Please use the links below to navigate to relevant pages in other areas of our website and external websites: