Key Stage 4
With over 50 years’ experience and innovation, MEI is the first place for teachers of secondary mathematics to find support for their professional development. Whether it’s a one-hour conference session, a one day course or a year-long sustained professional development programme, teachers can be assured that the offer will
- prioritise students’ learning of mathematics.
- be highly relevant and include classroom-ready resources that promote mathematical thinking.
- keep you informed with the latest changes in mathematics education.
- support you in embedding new ideas in you classroom.
Why choose an MEI course?
- You have a range of professional development options to choose from, designed to meet your needs at different stages of your career.
- You gain the benefits of face-to-face study days and the flexibility of long-distance learning in our online classroom.
- While we are committed to providing the highest quality of professional development, you can benefit from our not-for-profit pricing.
- Upon meeting the necessary requirements, you will receive a certificate of attendance, detailing the benefits of the training attended.
- You can be assured of the high quality of our courses as MEI holds the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM) CPD standard
Teachers new to teaching mathematics
Whether you are currently training, newly qualified or moving in to teaching mathematics, MEI is able to support you in developing your confidence, subject knowledge and classroom skills.
Teaching GCSE Mathematics (TGM) is our primary offer for you. Running for a full academic year, TGM includes tuition on five study days, two years’ access to supporting resources and a flexible online element which fits around the other commitments of busy professionals. It is the perfect option for a school seeking to support the newest members of its mathematics team.
Professional development for your team
We can arrange bespoke professional development for your school or MAT in a wide range of topics. Refresh your team's teaching with inspiring approaches, successful strategies and new resources. Keep up to date with evidence that you have continued to learn and reflect upon your practice.
To discuss your department’s needs and the support MEI can offer at KS4, please email Debbie Barker.
Please use the links below to navigate to more information about the following:
View upcoming MEI professional development events and live webinars
KS4 Enrichment and Extension
Teaching Functional Skills Mathematics
Strategies for teaching resit GCSE
New National Curriculum: opportunities, practicalities and realities
Head of Mathematics