Engaging with students
We’d like to work with you to promote maths to young people — to give them a sense of the many ways in which maths is used in the world, and to help them to appreciate how studying maths can improve their life chances and enable them to access rewarding careers.
You can help to inspire students and enrich their learning by showing them how maths is used in your workplace.
We can help to facilitate your engagement with students by:
- Acting as a link between you and schools and colleges
- Developing resources that show how maths is used in your business or industry, such as these Where maths meets the world of work examples
- Running competitions that focus on applications of maths
- Facilitating student visits to your workplace
- Providing opportunities for you and your colleagues to speak at student events
- Providing maths resources for STEM ambassadors to use with students
- Providing general advice on ways in which you and your colleagues can engage directly with students
If you think you might be interested in any of these, or if you have other ideas for engaging with students, please get in touch and we’ll discuss the possibilities