Scope and purpose
As part of an expanding administration team based at our central office in Trowbridge, you will play a vital role in MEI’s operation by supporting and providing effective administration of our programmes for schools and colleges.
Your work will involve a variety of administrative tasks including liaising with AMSP Area Coordinators and AMSP management to support schools and students. You will also be a crucial point of contact for enquiries, providing information about courses and events directly to teachers, parents, and students.
We have an internal events management database which is used to advertise and process course bookings, of which you will have a vital role in using and helping to develop. You have the chance to input into a growing organisation and we are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic individual to join a fun, fast paced, hardworking office.
Office based, Trowbridge, Wiltshire. MEI offers hybrid working where part of the week may be worked from home.
Jack Lindsay/Sara Peacock – AMSP Operations Leads
Permanent, subject to funding.
Full Time 37.5 hours per week.
Applications from individuals seeking part time arrangements are welcome
£21,607-£22,500 per year
- 25 days annual leave plus bank and public holidays, rising to 30 days.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- 8% employer pension contribution scheme.
- Health cash payment plan.
- Group Life Assurance.
This role may involve occasional time away and overnight stays to take part in conferences that may fall on a Saturday.
Mathematics in Education and Industry (MEI) is an established national charity committed to improving lives through maths education. We want all young people to receive an excellent maths education and achieve well in the subject regardless of their background. MEI runs the government-funded Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP), a national programme in England to increase specialist teaching capacity and improve student progression into advanced (Level 3) maths study and STEM degrees. We are also a lead partner in the government-funded National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM), a national programme to transform mathematics teaching from early years to GCSE.
MEI is an enthusiastic and committed organisation and a great place to work. We have around 75 employees and over 100 associates many of whom are based around the country. MEI’s operations teams are based predominantly at its office in Trowbridge, Wiltshire. We work with a range of other partners to deliver our work through contracts and other relationships, including universities and Maths Hubs.
Equality and diversity
MEI is committed to promoting and ensuring equality and valuing diversity. We will not discriminate unlawfully in any aspect of employment and want MEI to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, especially from underrepresented groups including people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.
Main duties and responsibilities
Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Using an internal database to create and promote AMSP/MEI teacher or student courses, ensuring that up-to-date details are displayed on the AMSP/MEI website
- Processing applications and providing administration support for a variety of courses, events, and competitions. Working closely with course organisers and other operations teams; taking ownership of your areas of responsibility
- Collating feedback, logging attendance and chasing for outstanding data to ensure accurate reporting against Key Performance Indicators
- Liaising with school finance departments and MEI’s Finance team to track and process fees and bursaries for courses/events
- Processing applications and unsubscribe requests for the AMSP’s central mailing lists
- Using user management systems for our online learning platforms to create participant accounts and teaching groups; communicating login details to participants, tutors and presenters
- Answering general enquiries received through email and telephone from students, parents, and teachers. Providing information regarding AMSP/MEI events and sign posting to further information sources where appropriate
- Collating and dispatching AMSP literature to schools and the National team from the office. Printing and collating resources for events when required
- Inputting and maintaining complete and accurate records of schools and colleges on an internal database, periodically carrying out routine checks
- Providing support at MEI and AMSP conferences and events when required, held face to face and online
- Maintaining accurate records/documents and keeping admin procedures up to date on Microsoft SharePoint. Sharing documents securely with internal staff when required
- Liaising with teachers, students, parents, course presenters and colleagues within MEI using Microsoft Teams, SharePoint sites, Outlook and internal forums
- Other work of a similar nature as required, including general office duties
12:00 noon, Monday 6 March 2023
Interviews will be organised with candidates individually