Calculator Crunch… it’s fun and it’s free!
Our Calculator Crunch for Year 7 students is a fun way to work on some interesting maths problems whilst developing your confidence with using a calculator.
It all links with the maths you need to study as part of your curriculum.
How to get going!
- The challenge runs over nine days each summer
- Every morning we release a new challenge on twitter and on this webpage
- There’s also a set of home learning resources
- You don’t need to wait until then, though, as you can still access the Calculator Crunch challenges from previous years
Please get in touch if you’d like to find out more about the Calculator Crunch.
Enter maths competitions
You might want to take part in Maths Week England, which we support, and which runs in November, and the International Day of Mathematics, held each year on 14 March. We run competitions to coincide with these events – look out for details of future competitions on this page.
A worldwide celebration of the essential role that maths and maths education play in breakthroughs in science and technology, improving the quality of life, and empowering women and girls.Visit the International Day of Mathematics website
Discover more maths challenges
Like solving problems? Then this is for you! Take a look at these mathematical articles, challenges and puzzles:
- Brilliant is a US website that provides a brilliant selection of challenging mathematical problems.
- Mathigon is a collection of free recreational maths articles, activities and puzzles that aim to make maths more accessible and entertaining.
- MathsChallenge.net offers a collection of maths puzzles with a range of difficulty levels to choose from.
- Mr Barton Maths includes a selection of maths and logic puzzles, and maths jokes too!