Hello and welcome to Digging for the why – the podcast for maths teachers of Years 5-8 looking at continuity and why we need to dig for the why in our lessons.
In this episode, Alison and Andy are joined by a special guest, Vicky Osborn (@CheerVix). Again this episode was recorded in two parts:
Part One: Andy and Alison
- The differences between KS2 and KS3 for stakeholders
- KS3: The Wasted Years? Ofsted report 2015
- What is being done to address issues from this report?
- Valuing the mathematical journey of our students at every stage
Part Two: Andy, Alison and Vicky
- Andy has a rant
- Vicky’s experience of the transition years
- Parents as stakeholders in the transition
- Is pedagogy the same at KS2 and KS3? What is should be vs what it could be.
- How does joint planning help plan a scheme of work in KS3?
- What happens after SATs in Y6?
- Why do Year 7s put their hand up and ask what to do when they finish their page?
Links to things mentioned in this episode:
Pssst…If you enjoyed this episode, please help us reach more people by leaving us a review.
Our intro/outro was produced by a talented young creative – check out his Soundcloud.