Hello and welcome to Digging for the why – the podcast for maths teachers of Years 5-8 looking at continuity and why we need to dig for the why in our lessons.
In this episode, Alison and Andy are joined by a special guest, Alison Clark-Wilson (@AliClarkWilson). Together they discuss the following:
- Andy learns the meaning of enigmatic!
- Why is curiosity important?
- Do we encourage students to ask why?
- Can we build the right atmosphere in our classrooms?
- Creating a learning plate to have diverse lessons.
- Calculators as an investigative tool.
- A wall of unanswered questions – give value to student questions that are outside the curriculum.
- Are we giving space for curiosity?
Links to things mentioned in this episode:
Pssst…If you enjoyed this episode, please help us reach more people by leaving us a review.
Our intro/outro was produced by a talented young creative – check out his Soundcloud.