Leaders of Maths in Further Education
Excellence in the teaching and learning of maths is vital to the aims and aspirations of further education and work-based learning. However, the diverse nature of the curricula, which can include Functional Skills, resit GCSE, Core Maths, and A level, and the plethora of new initiatives present a challenge for anyone co-ordinating this activity. Strong leadership, including the ability to plan effectively, inspire teachers, lead improvement, and meet a wide range of learners' needs is key to ensuring operational and strategic success.
If you are interested in being contacted when new dates have been released for this course, please complete the Register of Interest Form
- Articulate your personal vision of excellent maths teaching, learning and assessment.
- Construct an ambitious and coherent curriculum journey for all students, based upon a clear leadership vision.
- Manage a team in effective planning, resourcing and assessing that leads to students achieving their potential whilst preventing unnecessary burdens on staff.
- Employ effective leadership strategies to secure improvement in teaching, learning and assessment.
- Embed the principles of the course in practice, through structured interim tasks
Who will benefit from attending?
This sustained professional development course is suitable for any new or aspiring Maths Lead who wishes to reflect upon this demanding role and learn strategies to improve their performance.
The course is ideally suited to those in their first few years of leading a maths team, or similar role. Experienced Maths Leads will also benefit from the opportunity to evaluate and reflect upon their practice. Teachers aspiring to become a Maths Lead will find this course useful preparation.
Benefits for the teacher:
- Learn useful strategies for leading your maths team.
- Improve your personal effectiveness.
- Engage in online professional development.
- Develop contacts with other professionals at the same career stage.
- Delivery by experienced teachers and leaders of maths in post-16 education.
Benefits for the college:
- Develop and prepare your staff to take on this important leadership role.
- Build capacity within your leadership team.
- Update staff on the latest developments in the post-16 maths landscape.
The course consists of 10 study sessions, spread over six months. Participants will work together to learn about leadership, effective approaches to management, and the means to influence and bring about improvement in the teaching, learning and assessment of maths.
Please complete the Register of Interest to be contacted when new dates are released
- Event ref#8810
- Curriculum focusA level Mathematics, A level Further Mathematics, Core Maths, functional skills and gcse resit
- Mathematical focusUse of Technology, Leadership, Curriculum planning
- Event formatSustained PD
- Event Length3 month(s)
- Online Sessions10
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact: