Before starting the course, you should read this information
The MEI Introduction to Data Science short course materials can be accessed on Kaggle. This allows access to interactive web-based coding activities that can be edited and saved.
To use Kaggle, students will need to create their own account by registering on the Kaggle website.
Guidance for all students
- All students should read the Kaggle terms and privacy statements.
- Students should not make any of their notebooks Public. They should only share Private notebooks with other users that they know.
- Our advice is for students under the age of 18 not to post or reply to any discussions or forums on Kaggle.
- Should students wish to engage in the discussions or forums they should not divulge any information of a personal nature.
Guidance for students under the age of 16
- Students under the age of 16 will need consent from a parent or guardian to use Kaggle. This will require the parent or guardian to create an account and then complete a consent form.
Keeping safe online
Childline provide further information about keeping safe online.