Getting started: Support with programming and using Kaggle
Introduction to Data Science
Lessons 2-7 of the course involve coding activities. These activities can be accessed in Kaggle (a web-based programming environment). This page provides some guidance on using Kaggle.
The MEI Introduction to Data Science short course materials can be accessed on Kaggle. This allows access to interactive web-based coding activities that can be edited and saved.
To use Kaggle, students will need to create their own account by registering on the Kaggle website.
Guidance for all students
- All students should read the Kaggle terms and privacy statements.
- Students should not make any of their notebooks Public. They should only share Private notebooks with other users that they know.
- Our advice is for students under the age of 18 not to post or reply to any discussions or forums on Kaggle.
- Should students wish to engage in the discussions or forums they should not divulge any information of a personal nature.
Guidance for students under the age of 16
- Students under the age of 16 will need consent from a parent or guardian to use Kaggle. This will require the parent or guardian to create an account and then complete a consent form.
Keeping safe online
Childline provide further information about keeping safe online.