Mathematics in Education and Industry (the ‘Organisation’) aims to provide defect free products and services to its customers on time and within budget.
The Organisation operates a Quality Management System that has gained BS EN ISO 9001: 2015 certification, including aspects specific to the provision of support for mathematics education through: curriculum development; improved teaching; improved teaching, learning and assessment materials; contributions to national policy; responses to the needs of stakeholders; and promotion of links between education and industry.
The management is committed to:
- The enhancement of customer satisfaction in a manner consistent with MEI’s charitable purposes
- Developing and improving the Quality Management System
- Continually improving the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
The management seeks continuously to:
- Ensure that customer needs and expectations are determined and fulfilled with the aim of achieving customer satisfaction in a manner consistent with MEI’s charitable purposes
- Communicate throughout the Organisation the importance of meeting customer needs and all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
- Maintain the Quality Policy and its objectives
- Ensure that Management Reviews set and review the quality objectives, and reports on Internal Audit results, as a means of monitoring and measuring the processes and the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
- Ensure the availability of resources
The structure of the Quality Management System is defined in the Quality Manual. All personnel understand the requirements of this Quality Policy and abide by the contents of the Quality Manual.
The Organisation complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
The Organisation constantly monitors its quality performance and implements improvements when appropriate.
This Quality Policy is regularly reviewed in order to ensure its continuing suitability.
Copies of the Quality Policy are made available to all members of staff. Copies of the minutes of Management Reviews, or extracts thereof, are provided to individual members of staff in accordance with their role and responsibilities as a means of communicating the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.