Introduction to Data Science Short Course
The MEI Introduction to Data Science Short Course is a self-study course aimed at A level Mathematics and Core Maths students.
The course uses real data. The large data sets for A level Mathematics from the AQA, Edexcel, MEI and OCR specifications are used as examples in the lessons. A level Mathematics students can access additional activities based on the large data set for their specification. Other students, such as those studying Core Maths, can choose any of the any of the data sets for the additional activities.
The lessons involve coding activities that can be accessed in Kaggle (a web-based programming environment). Before starting the course you should read the information on Getting started: Support with programming and using Kaggle
The course consists of 8 lessons:
- 1: Introduction to Data Science
- 2: Pre-processing and cleaning data
- 3: Cleaning, formatting and grouping data
- 4: Data presentation/visualisation
- 5: Exploring association
- 6: The Data Science cycle
- 7: Introduction to machine learning
- 8: What's next with Data Science
These resources were enabled by the Arm School Program.