Hello and welcome to Digging for the why – the podcast for maths teachers of years 5-8 looking at continuity and why we need to dig for the why in our lessons.
In this episode, Alison and Andy are joined by a special guest, Tom Button (@MathsTechnology). Together they discuss the following:
- Season 2 of Digging For The Why?
- How can students and teachers benefit from technology?
- When should students start using technology?
- Andy poses the daft question: Is there a difference between using technology and using technology in the classroom?
- What is happening with technology use in the primary sector?
- How can we improve teaching through the use of technology?
- Take simple steps to experience success with technology
Links to things mentioned in this episode:
- Calculator Crunch
- Graphing software – Autograph/Desmos/GeoGebra
- SAMR model
- Flipgrid – now called Flip!
- Desmos Classroom
Pssst…If you enjoyed this episode, please help us reach more people by leaving us a review
Our intro/outro was produced by a talented young creative – check out his Soundcloud.